Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pay Day

Sunday was seminary graduation for our stake.  That's 10 wards full of kids who have put in the time and effort to get up extra early every morning, get themselves to a religion class in the wee hours of the morning, and read their scriptures for 4 years.  I'm so happy for them, and for what they learned.


Iliana was one of two kids in the stake selected to give a talk.  She completely blew me away with what she said.  Afterwards, I had a friend (and one of her seminary teachers) come up to me and say, "Pay day."  She is so right!  This was definitely a mom's pay day, when after all the frustration and worry and stress, you see this child (who seems like they should still be small), stun you with their capability and goodness.



I realized as I was listening to her talk that she sounded like a valedictorian giving a speech at a school graduation.  And then I thought, I'm even more happy to see my daughter giving this talk than I would be hearing her give the valedictorian's address.  Because this one means that she gets LIFE, not just scholarship.  She has the roots to keep her grounded in a tumultuous world.

You can listen to the talk if you want here.



Way to go, my beautiful daughter!!

No comments: