Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Value of Friends

Valerie, what can I say but thanks? If anyone reads this who isn't Valerie, there's nothing like a friend you buys you yarn+ on a teary, tragic type of day. I had one of those days this Thursday, and while my husband and mother were sympathetic, they also tried to paint the bigger picture for me and suggest lessons to be learned. Sometimes you just need to grieve and overreact for a while before you get reasonable. Valerie gave me permission to do so.


And she also gave me some nice meditative knitting. I neglected many other duties and knit the beginnning of a sock. The picture was taken at night and isn't great. What you can't tell is that the sock is about the right size for a lumberjack. I could tell this 1/4 in into the ribbing, but I couldn't bring myself to stop. I just had to get to the lace pattern. What you also can't see is that something went horribly wrong with the lace pattern, and I still don't know exactly what I did wrong. To tell you the truth, I just didn't care when I was staying up to late knitting. I just wanted to watch the subtle change of color, and play with my needles. I'm going to figure out what to do before I rip it out.

I have so many more pictures to post...but they'll wait for another mood, I guess.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Thank you Kristen, you're very sweet.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay..." :) Remember that one? If you don't, just ask Tom (friend Tammy's husband) about it. I first saw the lumberjacks at his house at a clarinet/baritone party. I think I was 14.

Love you!

Valerie said...

Hi, I'm back. So what is the lace pattern? Do you need smaller needles? I think I'm going to order a couple of Knit Picks circs in size 1. Want some?